Production Delays Due to Quality Issues

Edit: And @cflgt500 has posted a copy of the email that Ford is sending out. It is attached.

15AFBFBD-4758-4891-8CFE-CE012CA3E599.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
I got this email too, big deal. Its a 2024, not a '23. Let the folks at flat rock just do their jobs when parts arrive, and meet quality control.

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
I did not receive email, but noticed my scheduled production date on Ford website has been removed. 😒

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
I spoke to my dealer(up here in Ontario). My order with a VIN# originally showed May 22 for production in his system. It was bumped to early June and as of yesterday it now shows June 13th as build date. I don't mind waiting for them to hammer out any issues but I want wheels for this summer! I may get into a Mach 1 until my Dark Horse is ready and then trade the Mach 1 in. I am watching this closely on this as I would rather have the Dark Horse for this summer. YouTuber RacerX9 saying he has heard it wont be until September...

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
I spoke to my dealer(up here in Ontario). My order with a VIN# originally showed May 22 for production in his system. It was bumped to early June and as of yesterday it now shows June 13th as build date. I don't mind waiting for them to hammer out any issues but I want wheels for this summer! I may get into a Mach 1 until my Dark Horse is ready and then trade the Mach 1 in. I am watching this closely on this as I would rather have the Dark Horse for this summer. YouTuber RacerX9 saying he has heard it wont be until September...

You don't think you'll lose money by doing that?

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
Yup 100%- I will lose some but the dealer is looking after me as we buy vehicles from them for business.

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Pretty cool, ordered ours similar time and day, did not do the performance package, but did do blue ember along with the appearance package. No Vin or any update as of yesterday. Today marks the 2 month point.

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
Yup 100%- I will lose some but the dealer is looking after me as we buy vehicles from them for business.
Well, I couldnt wait. Pulled the trigger on a 2023 Mach 1. Pretty happy with it so far. It comes with a day at the Ford Performance Racing School in Charlotte. Gonna go down and do that! Now I am in no rush for my Dark Horse!

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
Well, I couldnt wait. Pulled the trigger on a 2023 Mach 1. Pretty happy with it so far. It comes with a day at the Ford Performance Racing School in Charlotte. Gonna go down and do that! Now I am in no rush for my Dark Horse!
You going to sell it when the Dark Horse arrives or who knows?

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
I will most likely trade it in unless I will lose my shirt on the Mach 1. I am really loving the Mach 1- its awesome. But if that happens I may just own two for awhile! His and hers I guess 🤣

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
Build date was 6/28. looked again today and has been moved again to week of 7/10. Guess they are still having supply issues. Possibly quality issues.