Price increase for the 700a package and handling packages, are there any price protections?

SomewhereInCali

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 24, 2023
Hello all,

I put an order in for a dark horse about 2 weeks ago and recently had it updated to change a few options. I noticed that the 700a package price went up from $2595 to $3995 and the Handling package price went from $4500 to $4995. I mentioned this to my dealer and they said that these price increases are set by Ford and that there is nothing they can do.

What do you guys think? this is an increase of $1895. I've seen people talk about price protection on the forums and wondered if it applied to this or just the MSRP of the vechicle.

Edit: I did change my order to add painted stripes. This was after the price increase and this may force the dealer's hand of having to charge Ford's updated prices. Either way, I'm not happy, am am not having to consider the $1895 price difference as part of the painted stripes option.....

Last edited:

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
There was a similar comment in another thread. My understanding is that if you place an order you are done. They can't come back and increase the price for anything. MSRP, options, nothing. BUT, if you make changes, yes, you will pay the new price.

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
I have the 700a on order, reality, car is over $60k big deal if 2k additional is required. Its still a cool car

mkeKen

Sep 23, 2023
I hate to say it, but the DH is a steal for what they sell it. Ever try to price a Challenger, Charger or Camaro?

Horseman

Verified Order/Owner
May 14, 2023
There was a similar comment in another thread. My understanding is that if you place an order you are done. They can't come back and increase the price for anything. MSRP, options, nothing. BUT, if you make changes, yes, you will pay the new price.
I have seen similar statements which include Ford will cover the price difference with the dealer as increase should not be passed on to the early order customer.