No markup dark horse allocation likely available in the SF bay area in California

SomewhereInCali

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 24, 2023
Hello all,

Two weeks ago I put deposit down for a dark horse allocation at 5k markup. I told my dealer that I would keep looking for a better deal and they asked for a chance to match or beat the offer if I do. I called around a few places and found another dealer that would try to get me an allocation at no markup (their dealership advertises no markup). Today I got a text from the second dealership saying they are ready to take my deposit for a no markup allocation. I notified my original dealer and my sales rep said they can likely offer no markup as well but needed to check with his manager tomorrow. I would say 75% chance they will offer to change my allocation to no markup.

So, if I get good news from my original dealer tomorrow, I am happy to pass on the other allocation to someone here that still needs it (my original dealer is closer and is where I would go for service and maintenance). The dealer is in the east bay of the SF bay area. i can't guarantee that they will pass the allocation, but it didn't seem like they were working with anyone else. I'm NOT asking for any compensation, just looking to help out another prospective Dark Horse owner. If you are interested, post a reply here. First come first served. Both dealers agree to no unwanted add-ons.

Hopefully there are two happy soon to be owners tomorrow!

SomewhereInCali

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 24, 2023
So my original dealer has agreed to no markup and will be sending me an updated order form nos noting zero markup or unwanted accessories. If anyone wants a shot at the other dealer offering no markup please post or message me by the end of Friday. Otherwise I will let the other dealer know to release the hold.

Thanks

Last edited:

SomewhereInCali

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 24, 2023
Got my updated invoice showing no MSRP and no unwanted accessories. I blurred out the info about the specific dealership so I don't screw up their other deals.

Attachments

• Dark Horse order form.jpg
    Dark Horse order form.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 34

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
Got my updated invoice showing no MSRP and no unwanted accessories. I blurred out the info about the specific dealership so I don't screw up their other deals.

Awesome. Seems like we have a few owners who are confirmed locked in at the lower pricing so that is definitely good to know.

Dashsti

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 28, 2023
I'm living SF bay area and there are 4 dealers within 30min drive. I asked all of 4 dealers and 1 of 4 put 15k markup and 3 of 4 put no markup. So I ordered my Dark Horse without any markup via one of neighbors dealer 😁

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
I'm living SF bay area and there are 4 dealers within 30min drive. I asked all of 4 dealers and 1 of 4 put 15k markup and 3 of 4 put no markup. So I ordered my Dark Horse without any markup via one of neighbors dealer 😁
Congratulations! I'll get you added to the Order/Owners list!