New to forum trading ecoboost for a Dark horse, or maybe a Mach 1

Jxp1962

May 20, 2023
Hello guys,
New to the forum, currently own a 2017 ecoboost premium, its my daily driver and i love the car… just wish it had that 8 cylinder rumble.
I have decided to trade in my ecoboost and honestly, love the style and look of the mach 1, although its basically identical inside to my ecoboost pp.
I am torn between a mach 1 or a new Dark horse.
Mach 1
Pros: available Now
A little cheaper than the dark horse
cons: besides for the motor its identical to my current 2017 ecoboost

Dark horse
Pros: 20 more hp
New design
New technology
Not THAT much more than the mach 1 (excluding dealer adm- which i would avoid hopefully)
Love the new interior and dash
Cons:
Delays? No idea how long
Unproven first year model - does not bother me much…
Availability?
ADM?
Style? Never seen it in person looks good although not that much different than my 2017 style…

I love my ecoboost, its one of my favorite cars ive ever had. It gets.me 27 mpg all day long…
With 36k miles, the head gasket blew and i had to replace the engine. That kind of soured me on the little twin turbo engines.. i am going 8 cylinder…

So just a new guy with a decision… do i jump on a mach 1 or wait for a dark horse…

I have no idea how long id have to wait if i got an order in now?

Attachments

• IMG_3017.jpeg
    IMG_3017.jpeg
    425.2 KB · Views: 16
Hello guys,
New to the forum, currently own a 2017 ecoboost premium, its my daily driver and i love the car… just wish it had that 8 cylinder rumble.
I have decided to trade in my ecoboost and honestly, love the style and look of the mach 1, although its basically identical inside to my ecoboost pp.
Mach 1

Dark horse
New design
New technology
Not THAT much more than the mach 1 (excluding dealer adm- which i would avoid hopefully)
Cons:
Delays? No idea how long
Availability?
ADM?
Style? Never seen it in person looks good although not that much different than my 2017 style…

I love my ecoboost, its one of my favorite cars ive ever had. It gets.me 27 mpg all day long…
With 36k miles, the head gasket blew and i had to replace the engine. That kind of soured me on the little twin turbo engines.. i am going 8 cylinder…

So just a new guy with a decision… do i jump on a mach 1 or wait for a dark horse…

Dark Horse, too much new tech in the 2024. I love the mach1, but go with the new one.

Hello guys,
Mach 1

Dark horse
New design
New technology
Cons:
Delays? No idea how long
Availability?
ADM?

I am waiting for reviews to state that the Dark Horse is between the Mach 1 and the GT350R for handling. At least that's what I want to hear. However I think any one of those three cars provides a great driver's car experience, the pinnacle of Mustang handling. Saying that, IMO, it's just what package do you want? The money saved by purchasing a Mach 1 can be used for other hobbies though. Since you already have an Ecoboost that looks awesome, I say wait and save for the DH. I didn't buy the car for the interior but I am sure excited by it. I am not into a bunch of tech inside the cockpit but if it's controlling a 500HP Tremec, I'm in.

I am waiting for reviews to state that the Dark Horse is between the Mach 1 and the GT350R for handling. At least that's what I want to hear. However I think any one of those three cars provides a great driver's car experience, the pinnacle of Mustang handling. Saying that, IMO, it's just what package do you want? The money saved by purchasing a Mach 1 can be used for other hobbies though. Since you already have an Ecoboost that looks awesome, I say wait and save for the DH. I didn't buy the car for the interior but I am sure excited by it. I am not into a bunch of tech inside the cockpit but if it's controlling a 500HP Tremec, I'm in.
I understand, but by waiting you may not have a choice as the dark horse is limited production. Each dealer gets a very limited ( many only one) allocation meaning they can only order one. Some in high volume areas get a couple more, but they tend to have huge 30 -50k ( reported in Texas) add on to msrp.

I understand, but by waiting you may not have a choice as the dark horse is limited production. Each dealer gets a very limited ( many only one) allocation meaning they can only order one. Some in high volume areas get a couple more, but they tend to have huge 30 -50k ( reported in Texas) add on to msrp.
Hopefully the OP can find one for and add on of 10K or less. The dealer I placed my deposit with (I ended up finding a better deal from another dealer) was commenting on how sometimes Ford comes out with a "limited" production model but they keep making them. He cited the Bronco Raptor. I wasn't familiar with any of that but I did listen to him.

However, my advice would be the same as yours. Move now if you want a DH and call around to multiple dealers. I called over 10.

Back