topdawg4ever

Mar 26, 2024
New Member, thanks for having me, Looking into a the New Dark Horse, and have many questions. The two biggest questions as I begin my quest to buy one of these:

1. Manual vs Auto. I hate going down this rabbit hole, but curious to everyone experience on both sides thus far.
2. Recaro’s vs Base Seats? Looks like these Recaro’s could have more comfort vs the GT500 Recaro’s of the past? As a taller driver, not sure it matters that much, but wondering everyone’s thoughts.

Thanks again for having me.

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
1. Manual is the way to go.
2. Base seats for sure. Heated and cooled.

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
If you need to get an Auto for some reason, get an Auto. But the Tremec is the centerpiece of this car. In the middle of the brakes, suspension, and throttle response is that Tremec clutch and shifter and it makes for what I believe a unique combination of driver engagement, phenomenal handling, power, and comfort that no other car on the market provides. Maybe I am over the top but that's my opinion.

Seats, if you are a bigger (tall or wide) person, go for the base seats. I have the Recaros and they are tight and I wouldn't want to be in them for more than 2 or 3 hours. If you can't find a DH near you to test the Recaros and you aren't going to track the car and you are a bigger person, definitely base.

topdawg4ever

Mar 26, 2024
Found a 6 speed in Grabber Blue locally. Not sure I’m completely in love with the Recaros but as a taller driver, they help with head room. They seem snug. Are these the same Recaros as the 2020 GT 500 or updated. Based on inventory 300 miles out it doesn’t seem like the base seats are in any. I would never be in the car for super long periods of time. 2 hours max, and typically 1 hour.

Beautiful color. No Handling Package..... Not sure if that is a deal breaker? Any thoughts?

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
If you are just track or sport driving then get the Recaros. People also forget, the Recaros are MUCH better for a passenger on canyon and mountain drives.

I wish I had the opportunity to drive a regular GT or a non-handling pack DH to compare but I haven't. The Handling Pack was a must for me. If you have no plans to sell the car then I strongly suggest the Handling Pack. I am no pro driver but I love great handling cars and this is one of the best. Not quite as raw and engaging as a lighter GT350R but it doesn't have its own unique characteristics and it is very fun to drive. I purchased mine from 1000 miles away and had it shipped. Grabber is absolutely a great color though.

topdawg4ever

Mar 26, 2024
I have actually found a Dark Horse with the Handling Package, and with Base Seats, which is awesome. BUT it doesn't have the "Premium Package" How big a deal is that?

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
I have actually found a Dark Horse with the Handling Package, and with Base Seats, which is awesome. BUT it doesn't have the "Premium Package" How big a deal is that?
The handling package to me is a deal breaker. Unless you plan on "tracking" your car, the handling package is overkill.