Dark Horses out of country ???

I’ve been watching YouTubes showing Dark Horses being delivered to dealers both in Canada and Mexico (and I mean way out in very rural areas) and yet Ford is not fulfilling Special Orders of the DH from U.S. customers…WE should be taken care of first…and when that has been accomplished, then send them outside our borders. Someone at Ford has their head up their derrière! Six months since my special order from a local dealer…and a not one word from Ford. Ridiculous! Take care of your U.S. customers FIRST!!

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
I’ve been watching YouTubes showing Dark Horses being delivered to dealers both in Canada and Mexico (and I mean way out in very rural areas) and yet Ford is not fulfilling Special Orders of the DH from U.S. customers…WE should be taken care of first…and when that has been accomplished, then send them outside our borders. Someone at Ford has their head up their derrière! Six months since my special order from a local dealer…and a not one word from Ford. Ridiculous! Take care of your U.S. customers FIRST!!
Going on 11 months, dealer stocks fulfilled before retail orders. Found and purchased one 1,300 miles away and canceling my long awaited retail order.

MJS54

Dec 31, 2023
Wow! That's insane...there's one DH at a dealer less than 8 miles from me...but not my favorite color. I may just have to bite the bullet and get that (and of course, the one I ordered will show up a week later...LOL).

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Wow! That's insane...there's one DH at a dealer less than 8 miles from me...but not my favorite color. I may just have to bite the bullet and get that (and of course, the one I ordered will show up a week later...LOL).
I knew from the Ford site "limited production" so they drop a few all over the place including overseas. I chose to buy one from the lot because very soon they will be into the 2025 production year and no clue what changes that could bring. My car still is enroute due really tomorrow before noon. Transport truck broke down on the way so delays were added.

keithwalton

Feb 13, 2024
Insane ? Dealers getting cars first is totally normal. They would of been able to order them before the retail book opened and having demo cars on the lot will sell more new cars.
If the dealer chooses to sell it straight away that's up to them but it will hurt there long term sales.

Ford have only just opened up the european order book 3 months later than scheduled and don''t worry european retail customers are being treated just as bad.
They will seed some cars to 'influencers' to try and stoke up demand for more cars.

I've put my order in a week ago but still awaiting confirmation from USA current estimated delivery is end of September. When i ordered mine there was 12 confirmed retail orders with the first estimated arrival end of July.
There was also 27 canceled orders.
My dealer is going to be one of the first to receive a demo Gen 7 at the end of april maybe may.

Ford dealers have purged all Gen 6's from the lots so there is nothing available to test drive, which is a contractural mistake from them as it allows me to cancel my order and get a full refund up to 28 days after it's available for delivery with no excuse required.

Forgot to mention as for model updates.
Current orders are for MY2024 but only a handful or those will be built for europe. Most will by 'MY2024.5' (not 25 yet)
The only change is the availability of the 'dark pony appearance pack' on GT's.

Another edit, those numbers were for all Gen 7's not just DH's dealers took pre-orders when the order book was supposed to open last november and i guess they put those orders through the day the book opened and then found the buyers didn't want them anymore. Probably due to the fact we get 50bhp less than USA and even nearly 10 less than a Gen 6

Last edited:

keithwalton

Feb 13, 2024
You'll be pleased to know they're not currently accepting orders from UK / EU for DH's despite taking reservations they're not going to confirm any orders for the next few weeks / months

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
You'll be pleased to know they're not currently accepting orders from UK / EU for DH's despite taking reservations they're not going to confirm any orders for the next few weeks / months
Here is the US ordered mine just about 11 months ago and still nothing from Ford. Found mine 1,300 miles away. The entire acquiring this car has been 100% disaster.