Build date information

RBIGGS

Aug 25, 2023
Hey! New here! Landed here doing research on Dark horse production and build dates. I currently drive a triple yellow 2015 convertible and ordered a 700A Blue Ember Dark horse March 28th in Brazil Indiana USA. Still no production or build date 😩 after reading some of y’all’s comments I’m hopeful it will be soon! Any updates comments or suggestions welcome!

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Hey! New here! Landed here doing research on Dark horse production and build dates. I currently drive a triple yellow 2015 convertible and ordered a 700A Blue Ember Dark horse March 28th in Brazil Indiana USA. Still no production or build date 😩 after reading some of y’all’s comments I’m hopeful it will be soon! Any updates comments or suggestions welcome!
700a Blue Ember and yes no date for me either

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
Another 700A Blue Ember and no date. Heard rumblings of a strike at the plant???!

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
Mine has been in production since 7/31. Still in production??? No website update since 8/8. I assume it is mostly built and sitting in a parking lot somewhere missing a component or two.

RBIGGS

Aug 25, 2023
Mine has been in production since 7/31. Still in production??? No website update since 8/8. I assume it is mostly built and sitting in a parking lot somewhere missing a component or two.
Did you opt for the handling package? I’m wondering if that’s not what could be part of the hold up…

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
My website updated today. Now says car built. I called ford and they said ship date was 8/31-9/6. We shall see. GTs have been hitting dealerships. Time for DHs to arrive.

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
Houston area. Just saw online local dealership Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown, TX received first DH.

Smushi

Aug 31, 2023
Long time lurker here (long time like been waiting for the car before we could order it and wait lol) .
My trolling makes me think the handling package for the most part is slowing down those orders. Maybe it’s the new tires that no one really has anywhere or another component ? 700A versions seem to be going out first to order’ers and a few I think to dealers without orders by people like us.
Likely ford has to keep specific mega dealers happy with one that they can show off and mark up. Before handling direct orders I would assume contractually.
Mine is yet to see an email saying production outside of the typical sorry we’re delayed business. I had my dealership call me 2 times recently to reassure me that mustangs are arriving so very soon yours will be here! But with a potential UAW strike and the slow production of the specialty version and factory delays, honestly I expect my Dark Horse Nov-December and that’s baring a lonngggg strike.
BTW Burnt Ember 700A here did not go performance as I want to see what Rousch and Shelby come out with for performance packages for the DH and get one of those. Really didn’t want to spend money on parts that would be removed like tires. Rims, sproiler, etc.

edit
Just found the Houston dealers listening sand looks like they are trying to get 75k-90k for their Dark Horses so I’ll gladly wait for my preorder price lol.

Last edited:

RBIGGS

Aug 25, 2023
My husband says the same thing, that the specialty package is what’s probably holding us up from getting on the schedule. I hope a little earlier than December so I can get some driving in before the snow hits 😵‍💫 I’m gladly waiting on my preorder to!