8 months in and....

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Not a word from Ford lately, no Vin or schedule build. "Unscheduled clean" most useless and annoying words ever spoken. Sure would be nice to get it in 2024 before we retire.

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
They certainly are not pumping them out. Almost seems like production has been stopped for a while, at least after the initial push out of some of them to dealerships.
The dealer i ordered from is a top dealership and was allotted two initially. But when I went to pick mine up, they told me that their allotment had been reduced to just one. Mine was the only one they were getting for the foreseeable future.

jblackburn

Verified Order/Owner
Apr 4, 2023
I want to add.... This is the most amazing car. I am smiling ear to ear every time I drive it. For those who are still waiting, it will be worth the wait. And you will be so glad you did.

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
I got a call this morning from my dealer to drop the Handling Pack so my order could go through. This is what they said Ford asked them to do. I said no, I am not dropping the handling pack. I wasn't able to get any dates of when the car would be available with the handling pack. I really don't care, another year, so be it. I will wait.

Just letting people know that the handling pack is indeed holding up some orders.

RBIGGS

Aug 25, 2023
Not a word from Ford lately, no Vin or schedule build. "Unscheduled clean" most useless and annoying words ever spoken. Sure would be nice to get it in 2024 before we retire.
Same here … this has been the most unenjoyable process ever

EZStang

Oct 13, 2023
Hope this will help. . Long McArthur Ford, out of Kansas provides these weekly updates. Go to the 5:50 mark to hear the update that addresses some of what's going on with the Handling Package. Sounds like dealers are being asked to drop the HP or face losing their allocation. Depending on how familiar you are with the whole order and scheduling process, you can start at 0:40 mark for a tutorial on how this all works.

For what it's worth, I originally ordered the appearance and handling package in March. While viewing some of the DH media day reviews, a few of the test drivers said that the non-HP drove better and had a better ride on the street than the HP. Unless you are planning to spend a lot of time on track, they actually recommended the non-HP. The more I learned about the constraints with the AP (black painted roof) and the HP, along with the recommendation from the media day reviewers, I worked with the dealer to drop the AP and HP in August, picked up my DH in September. For the amount of track time I will have, the tradeoff was more than worth it for me. As stated by jblackburn, I smile from ear to ear every time I drive it.

Best wishes on getting the DH or your choice, it is definitely worth the wait!

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Hope this will help. . Long McArthur Ford, out of Kansas provides these weekly updates. Go to the 5:50 mark to hear the update that addresses some of what's going on with the Handling Package. Sounds like dealers are being asked to drop the HP or face losing their allocation. Depending on how familiar you are with the whole order and scheduling process, you can start at 0:40 mark for a tutorial on how this all works.

For what it's worth, I originally ordered the appearance and handling package in March. While viewing some of the DH media day reviews, a few of the test drivers said that the non-HP drove better and had a better ride on the street than the HP. Unless you are planning to spend a lot of time on track, they actually recommended the non-HP. The more I learned about the constraints with the AP (black painted roof) and the HP, along with the recommendation from the media day reviewers, I worked with the dealer to drop the AP and HP in August, picked up my DH in September. For the amount of track time I will have, the tradeoff was more than worth it for me. As stated by jblackburn, I smile from ear to ear every time I drive it.

Best wishes on getting the DH or your choice, it is definitely worth the wait!

Mine is a standard 700a, manual trans car, so as I see no constraints. "unscheduled clean".

Smushi

Aug 31, 2023
Well if it’s any consolation, I got mine this week (just finished detailing it yesterday)
I will say I had not received word from the dealer or ford until a phone call saying “Hey your dark horse just came in today you still want it?”
I would imagine this will be the case for others waiting on their car. Mine was 2806 on the frame number which I am told includes all the track and drag only frames as well?
couple of notes to look for, I had over spray in the inbetween of the drivers door and hood area of the white primer, I have the Blue Ember Metalic (if that matters) (looks great detailed). Also hHad really annoying finger prints on the hood light grey area of the hood decals. Make sure to check for those things as when after taxes it’s a 70k+ car it shouldn’t have shoddy paint work.

Smushi

Aug 31, 2023
Side note with allocation quotes.
I was told from a very large Texas dealer they originally at the start of the process had 10 allocated (DFW metroplex) they have gotten 2. One the owner of the dealership wanted for a personal toy car the second was my order. While my order sat parked in from of the dealership 10 more people added themselves to the wait list after seeing it in person. There are 9 others behind me at this dealership (so a list of 19 now waiting). So demand is there but production is struggling. I read somewhere else all of Australia was originally allocated 1000 but only 200 have made it to them.
I would expect any of us to get this first gen of the car to have a relatively collectible car in the future shrug
And yes I cheese grin in it, fun overpowered sexy car :)

EZStang

Oct 13, 2023
If anyone is interested Tomball Ford in Tomball, TX has a 2024 Vapor Blue, Appearance Pkg, Handling Pkg, 10-spd Auto available if anyone is interested. If interested call 832-971-1157.

Attachments

• Vapor Blue DH Tomball Ford.JPG
    Vapor Blue DH Tomball Ford.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 17

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
I got a call this morning from my dealer to drop the Handling Pack so my order could go through. This is what they said Ford asked them to do. I said no, I am not dropping the handling pack. I wasn't able to get any dates of when the car would be available with the handling pack. I really don't care, another year, so be it. I will wait.

Just letting people know that the handling pack is indeed holding up some orders.

After I got this call from my dealer I started looking. I just accepted an offer to buy a Dark Horse. I got the SAME exact spec as my allocation and I negotiated and cut $2500 off my ADM. I cancelled my allocation that had a $5000 ADM. New ADM is $2500. Wow! I should have the car in a couple of weeks!!!!

EZStang

Oct 13, 2023
After I got this call from my dealer I started looking. I just accepted an offer to buy a Dark Horse. I got the SAME exact spec as my allocation and I negotiated and cut $2500 off my ADM. I cancelled my allocation that had a $5000 ADM. New ADM is $2500. Wow! I should have the car in a couple of weeks!!!!
Congratulations! You will love it!