🔥 HOT 2024 Mustang Dark Horse Orders…Show us what you ordered!

rchandler9

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 28, 2023
Here is the Dark Horse I ordered yesterday. What did everyone else order?

Edit to post...DH scheduled for week of 8/21/23. My guess is late October for actual build date.

Vehicle Scheduled.jpg

Attachments

• E6428670-2D39-488C-9420-1162CFF29EBE.png
    E6428670-2D39-488C-9420-1162CFF29EBE.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 733
  • 47851612-F89E-4325-A365-2750A44DDFAD.jpeg
    47851612-F89E-4325-A365-2750A44DDFAD.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 126
  • BA9A5085-6BA5-4DCA-B89D-45F880075EFB.jpeg
    BA9A5085-6BA5-4DCA-B89D-45F880075EFB.jpeg
    128.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
Haven't found a dealer to order mine yet, but working on that. Congrats on your build. If I get one it's going to be white as well!

I'm working on the stickers as we speak and the owners/orders thread.

Welcome to the site!

rchandler9

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 28, 2023
Haven't found a dealer to order mine yet, but working on that. Congrats on your build. If I get one it's going to be white as well!

I'm working on the stickers as we speak and the owners/orders thread.

Welcome to the site!
Thanks for the invite! Just call around, I noticed 6 of the 7 dealers I called didn’t even know the order banks had opened nor had a list, and I found 2 dealerships willing to sell at MSRP. I snagged the closest to me. Remember all dealerships are supposed to get at least 1 Dark Horse allocation. So you don’t necessarily have to go with a major dealer. In fact the “big” dealers I called were the ones with big mark ups. Happy hunting!

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023
Thanks for the invite! Just call around, I noticed 6 of the 7 dealers I called didn’t even know the order banks had opened nor had a list, and I found 2 dealerships willing to sell at MSRP. I snagged the closest to me. Remember all dealerships are supposed to get at least 1 Dark Horse allocation. So you don’t necessarily have to go with a major dealer. In fact the “big” dealers I called were the ones with big mark ups. Happy hunting!
Great advice and thank you!

Edit: We may be able to put up an ordering guide if we can get some nice helpful tidbits of information like that!

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
My order is in. Couldn't avoid mark up but got it reduced. Blue Ember, Manual, Painted Stripes, Recaros.

Got my email from Ford!

Towerism

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 31, 2023
I also could not avoid markup unfortunately. All the big dealers near me have markups. And every time I called a small dealership within 300 miles of me, it eventually turned out they are marking up the dark horse.

Anyways, this is my spec:

Blue ember
6 speed
700A
Handling package
Appearance package
Recaro seats

———
0BAC0691-176E-415D-B376-1AC38820B593.png
053AEB46-026F-4C31-AB61-5319BE5E075B.jpeg

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022
I also could not avoid markup unfortunately. All the big dealers near me have markups. And every time I called a small dealership within 300 miles of me, it eventually turned out they are marking up the dark horse.

Anyways, this is my spec:

Blue ember
6 speed
700A
Handling package
Appearance package
Recaro seats

———
View attachment 67View attachment 66

I had the same experience with the small rural dealerships.

This is my same spec plus add the painted stripe. I really really like this car. I am so glad I didn't do the GT350R. That's a great car but the DH is a new look, keeps 500HP, and the interior is the winner. I have a 2006 and love how simple that interior is, the DH will give me the exact opposite so I am looking forward to having both.

Did you get any type of estimate on delivery?

Towerism

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 31, 2023
I had the same experience with the small rural dealerships.

This is my same spec plus add the painted stripe. I really really like this car. I am so glad I didn't do the GT350R. That's a great car but the DH is a new look, keeps 500HP, and the interior is the winner. I have a 2006 and love how simple that interior is, the DH will give me the exact opposite so I am looking forward to having both.

Did you get any type of estimate on delivery?
One dealer told me 6 months. I didn’t ask my dealer what their estimate was.

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
Hi Everyone, I ordered a blue ember in manual with the handling package a few weeks ago. I got a call this week and my dealer has a VIN and a tentative build date for third week in May. He said they will hold it for quality control purposes as it is a new model. Anyone know how long they tend to hold new models for? Thanks

Towerism

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 31, 2023
Hi Everyone, I ordered a blue ember in manual with the handling package a few weeks ago. I got a call this week and my dealer has a VIN and a tentative build date for third week in May. He said they will hold it for quality control purposes as it is a new model. Anyone know how long they tend to hold new models for? Thanks
Canada? Also OKTB (ok-to-buy) is in June. So they shouldn’t hold it for too long.

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
Canada? Also OKTB (ok-to-buy) is in June. So they shouldn’t hold it for too long.
Yes, about 45 min from Toronto. That is good news! I should hopefully see it by July then. The dealer was surprised that they got my vin and the build date. They had me prepped for a longer wait. He said that the system is showing a priority rush for my car. Very interesting and good news for me!

BSpankinAz

Verified Order/Owner
Oct 25, 2022

Hello HIcksy! Congratulations. So it was about 3 weeks from ordering to getting a VIN?

Hicksy

Verified Order/Owner
Mar 30, 2023
Thanks! Yes. I put my 5k down and ordered on March 6th. The dealer got the vin and build date on the 29th. I just looked at his text again…

“Hey Buddy! You’ll never believe this! Ford assigned your new Dark Horse a VIN # today! We put a high priority on it for you and it worked!
ETA for production is the Week of 22nd. Now this could change if you hold the car for quality control after it’s built. But this is a good sign.”

Fingers crossed!

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 19, 2023

Can't answer your question but congratulations on your order and welcome to the site!