Black Screen.

Mrnavy2

Mar 29, 2024
Hey all, I am not sure what happen but today when I started The Horse the Screen did not come on. I can hear everything is working in the background but I cannot see anything. Even when I backup it does not show anything.
Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I will bring it to the Dealership to check it out.

Attachments

• IMG_7297.jpeg
    IMG_7297.jpeg
    386.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7298.jpeg
    IMG_7298.jpeg
    239.4 KB · Views: 5

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
Hey all, I am not sure what happen but today when I started The Horse the Screen did not come on. I can hear everything is working in the background but I cannot see anything. Even when I backup it does not show anything.
Does anyone have an idea what it could be? I will bring it to the Dealership to check it out.
The answer is no, but on the Wednesday after Easter the center touch screen was non-responsive, made an appointment for the following Monday, few miles later works perfect. Dealer found nothing wrong.

Mrnavy2

Mar 29, 2024
The answer is no, but on the Wednesday after Easter the center touch screen was non-responsive, made an appointment for the following Monday, few miles later works perfect. Dealer found nothing wrong.
That’s what I am hoping will happen to me. Fingers crossed.
Steve

MJS54

Dec 31, 2023
Thankfully your main screen was working ...
BTW, retired Navy myself 1976-1997. Hope it comes back. That's the problem with first year models...lots of bugs to work out, comes with the territory, My DH still on order since 3 Sep 23.

Mrnavy2

Mar 29, 2024
I was also in from November 76 to November 96. Retired as a PN1(SW). USS SUMTER LST 1181, USS IOWA BB61 (Plankowner), USS KEARSARGE LHD3 (Plankowner) and retired off of USS T. ROOSEVELT CVN71.

Ryunket

Verified Order/Owner
May 15, 2023
I was also in from November 76 to November 96. Retired as a PN1(SW). USS SUMTER LST 1181, USS IOWA BB61 (Plankowner), USS KEARSARGE LHD3 (Plankowner) and retired off of USS T. ROOSEVELT CVN71.
I am an AD1 (aw) got downsized in the "Clinton" era. Retiring here in 37 weeks, can't wait. Worked on the E2 hawkey VAW114 was my last squadron. Out of the blue, a reunion of VAW114 will be in April 2025. Look forward to seeing all my old shipmates.

Mrnavy2

Mar 29, 2024
I am an AD1 (aw) got downsized in the "Clinton" era. Retiring here in 37 weeks, can't wait. Worked on the E2 hawkey VAW114 was my last squadron. Out of the blue, a reunion of VAW114 will be in April 2025. Look forward to seeing all my old shipmates.
I live those reunions. We were all kids when we went in and now we are all Grandparents. I usually go to the USS IOWA Reunions. The other ships don’t have any. But the IOWA Guys are really TRUE Brothers. Actually as we speak, April 19th, Friday is the day I lost 47 of my Shipmates from IOWA when the Number 2 Gun blew up. We have a memorial service every April 19, since 1989. I will not be attending this year since I am have a few health problems. But would have been a good drive to test out The Horse from NJ to Norfolk.

MJS54

Dec 31, 2023
Served on five ships from '77 to '92, all Gators (USS Coronado, USS Saipan, USS Fairfax Country, USS Spiegel Grove, and USS Trenton), served as XO on final ship, Trenton. Retired as a CDR, (Blackshoe-SWO) in '97 (last tour was at CINCLANTFLT Norfolk N3/5 shop)...then did a stint for 15 yrs as a defense contractor at JFCOM out in Suffolk, VA. Fully retired in '11. But, I sure miss that salt air and numerous at- sea times!